Early Bird - Registration has ended. Registration fee is $100.00
This tournament is a USBC\IGBO sanctioned handicap tournament and is open to men and women by invitation only.
All USBC\IGBO rules apply except as noted in rules below. Competition in each event will be limited to one time. Tournament will consist of three games in each event. Events are Singles, Doubles and Teams. Doubles pairs and Teams may be composed of all men, all women or mixed. Men and women will compete on an equal basis.
The Show Me St. Louis tournament management reserves the right to rescind tournament invitation to individual(s) for not reporting all of their tournament scores and the name of the league(s) with averages and number of games bowled.
a) Participants who are not USBC members can qualify, prior to participation, by paying the appropriate associate membership dues OR by paying a $5 participation fee (USBC Rule 300c).
b) Participants who are not IGBO members can qualify, prior to participation, by paying the appropriate associate membership dues OR by paying a $5 participation fee.
c) All participants must be at least 21 years of age. Tournament management reserves the right to check identification to verify date of birth.
d) There shall only be 1 PBA Card member per team.
3. HANDICAP & PAYOUT RATIO
Handicap will be 90 percent of 230.
Payout ratio will be 1:6.
4. ENTERING AVERAGE
a) Use highest 2017/2018 Fall/Winter book average of 21 or more games.
b) If no average per rule 4a, use highest 2016/2017 Fall/Winter book average of 21 or more games.
c) If no average per rule 4a or 4b, use highest 2018 Summer sanctioned league average as of August 13, 2018 of 21 or more games
d) If no average per rule 4a – 4c, use highest 2017 Summer book average of 21 or more games.
e) If no average per rule 4a – 4d, the director will set an average for the bowler to use. Any such average will not be less than 180.
USBC Rule 319a-2 (10 Pin Rule) shall not apply.
5. AVERAGE VERIFICATION
It is each bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of their own average, whether originally submitted by the bowler, the team captain or others. Failure to use the correct average may disqualify the score if submitted average is lower than the correct average, thereby resulting in a lower classification or more handicap. Prize winnings will be based on the submitted average if it is higher than the correct average. (USBC Rule 319a, item 3).
a) If tournament average (18-20 games from August 31, 2017 through August 13, 2018) is higher than the entering average, the average used for the tournament will be the average of the book and tournament averages.
b) If tournament average (21 or more tournament games from August 31, 2017 through August 13, 2018) is higher than the entering average, the tournament average will be used.
c) Reporting of previous tournament winnings (USBC Rule 319d) will not apply
7. ENTRY FEE
The entry fee is $90 (US) per bowler if postmarked by July 23, 2018. The entry fee will be $100 (US) per bowler if postmarked from July 24, 2018 through August 13, 2018. Entry fees must be in the form of money order, certified check or online through PayPal and are to be made payable to Show Me Classic. Mailed applications and fees are to be sent to:
Show Me Classic, P.O. Box 968, St. Louis, MO 63188
All decisions of the tournament director are final unless an appeal is made in accordance with USBC Rule 329.
ENTRY FEE DISBURSEMENT
Bowling Fees $22.50
Prize Fund $38.00
Awards & Tournament Expense $4.50
Total Entry Fees $90.00
1. All bowlers will have the option to participate in Scratch Masters based on their entering average.
2. Entry into the Scratch Masters event must be submitted before that bowler throws their first ball of any game for tournament competition.
3. The Scratch Masters competition will be held on Sunday, September 2nd, with a starting time of approximately 1 hour after the completion of the team event to allow for lane dressing.
4. The divisions for Scratch Masters will be:
5. The six game scratch total from the Team and Doubles Handicap Tournament events will be used to determine the six qualifiers and two alternates for the competition. These scores will not carry over to the Scratch Masters competition. The list of qualifiers will be posted after the Team event verification at the lanes, on the SMC tournament website, and the tournament SMC Facebook page.
6. In the event of a tie for the sixth qualifying position, the bowler with the highest scratch game from Doubles or Team play will be awarded the sixth position. Other bowler(s) will be classified as alternates.
7. Bowlers must check in 15 minutes prior to the scheduled shift.
8. A bowler who has not checked in 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start will be disqualified and replaced with the next available alternate.
Single Elimination Competition
1). Competition will take place on 4 pair of lanes with one additional pair for breakdown
2). Bowlers are allowed 10 minutes of practice before each match.
3). Each match will be composed of one game. Each match will be bowled on a new set of lanes. Active participants will move to the next set of lanes to the right after each match if no assigned lanes are to the right participants will wrap around to the first pair of active event assigned lanes
4). Each bowler will be assigned a letter A through F based off their ranking. The letter A will be assigned to the highest ranked bowler in each division.
5). Competition will start as assigned below:
6). If a tie exists during any game a 9th and 10th frame roll off will determine the winner of that match.
7). The bowler with the lowest scratch score after each match will be eliminated
8). The prize fund from each division shall be returned at 100% to that division minus lineage expenses.
9). In the event a scratch division does not meet the 6 qualifiers a smaller competition will be held under the same competition guidelines as listed above.
Optional Scratch - entry fee is $20 (by division)
Darkroom Doubles – $10 per entry (unlimited entries)
Women Handicap - entry fee is $10
Senior Division - entry fee is $10 (over age 50)
Cost is $40 per person - allows participation in all non-bowling events, including banquet and open bar.